Front Desk Officer/Consular Officer
• Using several electronic and manual information systems responds promptly and courteously to inquiries received by telephone, mail, email, and fax about visa qualifications, the application process, and a wide range of other non-immigrant and immigrant visa matters.
• Recognizes and refers difficult or misdirected queries to appropriate staff members.
• Moves information, including printed materials and correspondence, quickly and efficiently through the section.
• Reviews visa applications for completeness and accuracy.
• Makes a preliminary assessment of the qualifications of each applicant, recognizing applicants who are specifically barred by the Immigration and Nationality Act, who require special clearances, who do not need a visa, who must pay a fee for a visa or who have not established entitlement to visa status or to a particular category of visa.
• Flags any aspects of a case requiring special attention by the adjudicating officer.
• Returns passports with issued visas by the appropriate means.
• Enters relevant data of each visa applicant into various consular systems for name checking.
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
• Hear and resolve complaints from customers.
• Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
• Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information.
• Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
• Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
Years of Experience
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should have attained 3 three years’ experience in a related area of work
• Excellent communication skills.
• Computer literacy skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• The applicant must possess a high sense of urgency.
• Highly personal initiative and innovative skills.
• Charming Appearance (Good looks with appealing outfits).
• Express professionalism in the discharge of duties.
• Fluency in any two of the following; French, Dutch, Spanish and Italian.
• Ability to comprehend and explain requirements for immigrant visas is required.
• Candidate must possess a First Degree in either: English, Mass Communications, French, other foreign languages, and any other related discipline.